Sunday 5 July 2009

"I've got a friend in jesus...."

thouroughly pi$$ed off playing mtt's with a billion runners, thought it was high time i headed back to my spiritual poker home, the mighty 888.com , my original feeding ground. well, ok, it was here that i tried to learn to swim.

anyways, as far as i'm concerned its, probably, the best site in the world to play online poker .

now i "know" its not the largest site but thats the point. on the big sites you prolly have, what, at least a 100 fish for one solid player ? it seems to me that with such a high ratio you have to get real "lucky" for your big hands to hold, i mean, when mr J6-off thinks its a good idea to get all his chips in against your bullets, hitting the obligatory two pair on the river to send you crashing out of yet another tourney, straight to tilt land !!

as you know, i'm an omaholic, but we'll get back to that :) so on firing up pacific i was pleasantly surprised to see i still had some moola in my account and decided to see if my
texas holdem poker game had improved since my last swim :)
after only an hour, i think its safe to say, it has. dont get me wrong, i only dipped my toe in the shallow end, the 2c/4c to be precise, but walking away with 30bb profit suited me just fine. the other thing i noticed was the actual play.
not too many suicidal all-in's pre-flop and when the betting hotted up on later streets, at least the villains had caught something on the flop, makes it so much easier to play, imho.

i know most of you lot are hoddem donkeys, so for you guys, there is quite a lot of choice :)
for the wee fishes theres 2c/4c right through to nosebleed $10/$20 gulp.

for me ? there were pl08b games running, right up to $15/$30 .... eek !!

enjoy your swim ....

1 comment:

Mair said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.