Wednesday 21 December 2011

bah, humbug !

welcome back.

you know, working for the man may provide you with a regular income, but fuck me, there are some miserable arseholes you have to put up with :(
someone I know is working in their back yard tomorrow and thought it'd be prudent to work from home on friday rather than travel the 120 miles into the office .... he put the suggestion to his gaffer .... and was promptly told that there was shit he had to complete for friday and his gaffer was sure he could not possibly do this work from home .... what a miserable cunt ! its supposed to be christmas ffs.

poker has been much more fun :)

I warmed up for last nights session by .... playing poker, lol .... well how the fuck else are you supposed to warm up :)
the warm-up consisted of a set of, wait for it .. four STT's .... and I ITM'd the four of them :) should probably have called it a night right there !!
They were all $1.50 Turbo Knockout no-limit 08 .. 

one guy in the first game says

" I have no clue how to play this .... "
" why enter then ? " I politely enquired
" i didn't realise it was 4-cards .... "

wtf ? if it says "omaha" anywhere in the tourny title .... lol

anyways, he then proceeds to jam his stack in every hand and lasted 5 hands, lol. kudos to the guy for his honesty if nothing else :)

so first game I blag 2nd
  ((jammed A39K sooted ace into 24K8 ?? and he binks it , ho hum))
second game I blag 1st
  ((jammed 7A82 sooted ace into TJ5K ?? and I bink it , ho hum))
third game I blag 2nd
  ((jammed 6473 sooted 64 into 67QJ ?? and he binks it , ho hum))
fourth game I blag 3rd
  ((jammed 4K3Q sooted K into 9AA5 and A7AK and they split it , ho hum))

cant get much better than that, 4 from 4 ????

then I entered a few MTT's , all small field affairs because not one was hold'em :)

first up was a 2-7 lowball single draw .... bombed in 60th :( .... (64 runners lol)
next up was triple stud .... busted in 17th of 54 runners .... my kings and sixes no goot against the obligatory aces and fours
then we had the delights of the $4.40 pl08b .... close on 500 runners I bust in 185th
and onto Badugi, lol .... only 46 entered, I lasted until 21st
with the slightly saner version .. 2-7 lowball triple draw :) only 48 in and I got to 14th
and finished off the sesh with two back to back 8-game
with 85 players I managed (just) in the money with an 8th place
and then with 69 entrees .... I win, wheeee :)

heads up mildly amusing because we're at level XXXIX .... which was no-limit hold'em, oh the uber irony .... was chip leader heads up 80k to his 60k .... jammed with 45 and got called by K5 , err ok .... not a K in sight not that it would have helped as i flopped a straight, ouch

not a bad session :) started the grind at roughly 7, ending on a high at half past midnight. as ever ....

pleasant dreams

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your design. Kudos
[url=http://acnetreatments250.blinkweb.com/]Home remedies for acne[/url]