Wednesday 14 November 2012

On Golden Pond

welcome back

Haven't played ahand of Omaha since last week. I kind of know now when I'm in destructo mode so I (wisely) decided to knock it on the head. (thats bankroll destructo mode, btw)

I'd also decided that forum games were -ev and I was going to play less of them .. (dammit, they are fun wheeee). So I decide to play their Saturday night game which I thought was 08 .. err, no .. that'll be H.O.R.S.E. then, sigh. No probs, I like H.O.R.S.E.

With 30 runners and only 4 down, the hand happened. Playing stud with big bets at 800 and a 6k stack, Thierry and I get involved.
I pulled my flush on fifth. I bet out and he tanks .. during which time I study my cards and his up cards .. I had AJ9xx spades .. he has (xx)Qxx with two clubs ..

My one thought : "He is chasing the flush, he is going to outkick me"

Sixth gave me another spade and gave him the J of clubs. I bet he raises, I call. Check seventh, he bets, I call .. leaving me one big bet.

I knew the chips were going his way. I had AJ9.. but he had AJQ..

I know that as hand strengths go, that is technically incorrect but that's how I "read" it .. we both have AJ flushes but he has the better kicker. Fucking soul read and I still don't fold. Way to go Res, way-to-go.

Destructo mode in full effect.

So what can I play then ? What is the cheapest of the cheap that 'stars has to offer ?
After rooting about in the lobby, I find 2c hyper turbos, lol. These will keep me amused for weeks !
Some of the play is truly lol. Mines included :)
I saw something I don't think I've seen before. Very first hand. A 7-way all-in pre-flop. Yup. I was in too, with TT and though I hit my set there were three spades come the river and the flush man sends six of us to the rail, awesome and truly lol.

I decided to play last nights forum game (sic). Supposed to be a turbo but they set it up wrong, 10 minute blinds.
After an eternity (3 1/2 hours) I am heads up .. (literally) falling asleep at the desk .. not sure who had the idea but we chopped and flipped. I was so nearly sleeping I would have accepted any deal, seriously.
I won the flip, good for $37 .. less the six I owe to second place .. less the $3 entry .. less the $2.50 bubble to forum .. basically boils down to net $25, ho hum.

See ? forum games are so -EV. So I'll be playing two cent hyper turbos this week.

pleasant dreams

No comments: